Loopback Network Adapter
This page will guide you through the installation of a loopback network adapter, useful when you need to connecting different applications via network protocols within the same Win10 computer
1. Open the "Run" dialog by pressing Windows + R. In the command prompt, type hdwwiz and press Enter.
2. Click Next.
3. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced), then click Next.
4. Select Network adapters, then click Next.
5. Select Microsoft as the manufacturer, select Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter as the adapter for Windows 10, then click Next.
6. Select Next to confirm the installation.
7. Select Finish to complete the installation.
To configure the newly created adapter:
1. Open the "Run" dialog by pressing Windows + R. In the command prompt, type ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
2. Find the KM-TEST Loopback Adapter and rename it "Loopback" for convenience (Right-Click > Rename)
3. Right-click on the connection and choose Properties from the menu (make sure it's the Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter).
4. Deselect everything except Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
5. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and click Properties to open Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties.
6. Select Use the following IP address. Fill in the IP address and Subnet mask fields.
7. Click Advanced to open Advanced TCP/IP Settings.
8. Switch to WINS and select Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
9. Click OK to close Advanced TCP/IP Settings.
10. Click OK to close the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties.
11. Click OK to close the Connection Properties.